Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Top Fishing Destinations for 2009

Well the year is almost over and what a great year I had fishing, I went to some new water, some old water and caught a ton of fish. I have listed below the top lakes I went to this year and the reasons they made my list.

  1. Quetico Provincial Park - This was an amazing trip to an area where I always wanted to go, the fishing is supurb regardless of what species of fish you like. We concentrated on bass and wern't disappointed as we caught 50 -60 fish per day. The campsites and facilities were clean and the park staff were courtious.
  2. Shebandowan Lake - I had the oppourtunity to fish Shebandowan this summer with local tournament angler George Clark and we had a blast catching smallmouth bass in the countless bays and along miles of shoreline. George taught me how to fish with tubes and now I reach for a tube before I tie anything else on. The fishing oppourtunity in Shebandowan for smallmouth and walleyes is so great that you could spend a lifetime on this lake and still find new structure to fish.
  3. Lac Des Mille Lac - Well this is my go to lake, my gaurentee fish for dinner spot, but this year is was kinda slow. I caught alot of fish but not near as many as I have in recent years, the weather was unpredictable and the fish were in deeper water and spots where I always catch fish where abandoned. Lac is still a fantastic fishery and I had to adjust my stratagies to accomodate the changes this year.
  4. Batwing Lake - Batwing is a great lake for walleyes that is less than a hour from Thunder Bay, the only problem is the fish we caught there this year wern't very big 13"-15" was the average. Lots of fish were caught but the sizes were disappointing.
  5. Hawkeye Lake - The only reason that Hawkeye made my list this year is that I saw proof of the huge bass population this summer. We held a B.A.S.S tournament this year on Hawkeye Lake and there were many 15lb bags weighed in.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog thanks to CK Outdoors. I see I am your first follower. I have added you to my blogroll under the heading "The masses (by State)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn how the experts choose the ideal destination for their awesome fishing trips. This is one of the most critical decisions you'll have in planning your dream fishing trip. Make sure you know how to do it right.

    Salmon Fishing Tips

    ReplyDelete